Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Soundtrack

This is a quick and dirty list of the songs that I noticed or were played at certain locations (not played by me). My Italian soundtrack: 
Creep by Radiohead but covered by an Italian - Suggested to me by the hotel clerk as a way to start to understand Italian. 
Love the Way You Lie by Eminem - Plays at dinner in Pompeii (I also heard it Rogliano, Florence and Sansepulcro. It was by far the most played American song I heard)
All I Want is You by U2 - Pogerno
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson - Drinking wine, 'reading' Italian paper in Amalfi
At Last by Etta James - Eating lunch looking over Amalfi coast in Ravello
Maria and Keith's - Sitting by the Dock of the Bay; anything Tarentella
Graduation party Maria took me to - The Macarena
Dozza - Phantom of the Opera. Sally whistling it all the time.  
Daytime Friends by Kenny Rogers - Stuck in my head from Keith and Maria's 
The Scientist by Coldplay - Dinner in Florence that was three hours. They played this song repeatedly.
You've Got a Friend by James Taylor - Peter plays it. 
Drive by REM (Automatic For the People) - My favorite CD in Peter's collection. 
Massive Attack's Protection album - Also at Lucie and Peters.  

Standard staples that I listened to pretty much the entire time I was travelling on my own iPod:
Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap
Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine (also Dog Days are Over)
Let the Drummer Kick by Citizan Cope
Anything on the 34th and 8th album by OAR but especially Black Rock and I Feel Home
Skinny Love by Bon Iver
One Red Thread by Blind Pilot
She's My Drive Home by Blue October
Watermark album by Enya - always blared it when trying to block out noise in a hostel
Viva la Vida by Coldplay

All in all, the music was much more mellow than I usually listen to on a consistent basis. The songs and artists I usually listened to back home to get myself in a better mood or to go along with my high energy just didn't seem appropriate at all. I would look at those songs and playlists on the iPod and scrunch my nose up at them. I don't know what I'm going to listen to when I get back home - whether this slight change in taste is another permanent result of my trip abroad.       

No comments:

Post a Comment